PRSA Southeast Announces
2016 Officers and Board Members
The Southeast District of the Public Relations Society of America announces new officers and board members for 2016. The following will begin their terms on January 1, 2016:
- Chair-Elect: McGavock Edwards, APR, North Carolina Chapter
- Secretary: Kim Speros Rossie, Memphis Chapter
- Treasurer: Kirsten Khire, APR, Charlotte Chapter
- Director of Communications: Brad Belote, Tri-Cities Chapter
- Director-at-Large (2016-2017): Joe Trahan, Ph.D., APR, Fellow PRSA, Georgia Chapter
They join these following previously elected or appointed leaders:
- Chair: Becky Huckaby, APR, Volunteer Chapter
- Immediate Past Chair: Amy Coward, APR, Fellow PRSA, South Carolina Chapter
- Director-at-Large (2015-2016): Missy Burchart, APR, Alabama Chapter
- Director-at-Large (2015-2016): Chelsey Riemann, APR, Volunteer Chapter
- Director-at-Large (2016-2017): Kevin Storr, APR Alabama Chapter
The Southeast District of PRSA includes more than 2500 members in 11 chapters in Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee.
Just two weeks away!
Leadership Rally, Oct. 30, Knoxville
Don’t wait! Invest in the personal help needed to tackle a new responsibility. Sign up now for the Southeast District’s Leadership Rally in Knoxville on October 30.
If you’re stepping into a new leadership role in your chapter – or maybe just thinking about it – give this meeting some serious consideration. During the jam- packed, one-day session, you’ll learn about PRSA and its resources, the many leadership opportunities available and how you can get plugged in. PLUS you’ll meet other chapter and district leaders, share best practices and take home a toolbox full of ideas and contacts.
October 26 Best Practice call addresses chapter attendance
Representatives from our active Charlotte Chapter will discuss boosting chapter attendance on our October 26 Best Practice call.
Date and Time: Monday, October 26, 3pm Eastern and 2pm Central
Call-In Number: 605-562-3140
Save $50 by registering early for Spring Conference
The 2016 PRSA Southeast District Conference will be held in Knoxville, Tennessee, on April 6-8, 2016. The conference theme, “The Personal Side of PR: Where Connecting With People Can Change Your Trajectory,” describes the meeting’s two-track focus:
- Personalizing communication efforts towards an individual consumer or audience in order to grow a market or increase your outreach
- Your personal public relations path (e.g., just entering the industry, reinventing yourself in a new way or returning to the public relations industry)
Conference registration is now open.